- Key vocabulary is taught, revisited and extended as children progress through the year groups.
- Teachers encourage children to develop personal confidence in all aspects of the curriculum through positive language, termly certificates.
- Pupils’ sporting achievements outside school are celebrated through termly assemblies.
- Children participate in 2 weekly PE lessons (this will include swimming for one lesson a week for one term for Years 2 to 6)
- Children are offered opportunities for extracurricular physical activity (after school clubs, breakfast club, wake and shake, lunchtime sports clubs)
- Sports captains are chosen each year to lead coloured teams. Their role includes managing sports equipment and leading lunch time activities.
- Play leaders and midday supervisors support activities at lunch times to encourage pupils to be involved in games and physical activity; pupils have access to Multi Use Games Area, trim trail, tyre park, outdoor gym equipment, table tennis and a range of toys and equipment.
- Children have opportunities to take part in inter and intra school events (sports day, school games mark events, Hadleigh High School competitions).
- Opportunities for outdoor active learning across the curriculum are planned; including the ‘Maths of the Day’ resource.